Many people use crystals to set intentions, believing that the stone will harness this energy and channel it into the environment where it's placed.
But, to unlock the magical qualities of each stone, users are encouraged to care for their crystals by cleansing, charging and tactically positioning your crystals around the home for them to truly manifest the user's intentions.
Remember, you should cleanse your stones every once and while, especially if they're in constant use or if the stone has properties that promote positivity, cleansing and remove negative energies. For example, smokey quartz may hold onto some of that negativity you've been letting go, which is why cleansing is so important.
How to cleanse your crystals at home:
Although at first this may seem like a bunch of hocus pocus, cleansing and charging your crystals is thought to be essential for you to harness their full abilities and potential.
You should cleanse any new stones you bring into the house straight away to get rid of any negative energy they may have acquired on their previous journey, as well as any time you want to refresh the crystal and clear it of any residual unwanted energies.
Here are three different methods for cleansing your crystal:
- Submerge the crystal you wish to cleanse in a bowl of salt water.
- Smudge new crystals with a sage stick or run them through sage smoke.
- Leave crystals outside under the full moon for 24 hours.
Charging your crystals at home:
For each crystal to fully absorb your intentions you have to programme the stone for it to manifest. Think of it like growing a flower, you gotta give it some TLC in order for it to bloom - the same applies to crystals, a process known as 'charging'.
There are various ways to charge your crystals, here are the main techniques:
- Hold the crystal in your non-dominant hand and imagine a white light surrounding the stone while you recharge the stone and set your intention.
- Place the crystal under the moonlight or sunlight for 24 hours.
- Tingsha chimes, singing bowls, or tuning forks can be used to recharge crystals as they absorb the vibrations of the sound.
- Place the crystal that needs charging with other crystals such as amethyst, quartz, and selenite, which can absorb the energies of other crystals and regenerate them.
- Go back to the earth and bury your crystal in the garden for 24 hours. If you don't have a garden, pop your crystal into the soil of a flower pot.